You may already have heard of some productivity methods to help you increase productivity. If you haven’t, check out my previous blog, “Productivity Methods to Improve Your Work-Life”. So, let’s say you already know a lot about different methods and finally picked the perfect one for you. Now the question is “where do I start?” or “which tool do I use?”.
If you want to know the answers, reading this blog can help. This blog will list the 10 best software you can use to increase your productivity and make your life easier.
Listed below are the 10 best software to increase your productivity
- Standard Notes
Any.do is a reliable and easy-to-use software. It has one of the highest ranks among the to-do list apps because of its impressive interface and features. Any.do provides the ability to easily create tasks for teams and individuals.
- Creation of lists with tasks for management and these can be customised
- Share, delegate, and discuss tasks with personalised notes
- Upload or Add/Drop files as attachments
- Repeating reminders for tasks
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Pro account for extra features: $5 per month
Do you want to get stuff done while still having fun like a gamer? If yes, then the Habitica application is for you. This application allows you to earn rewards whenever you complete a task and this will level up your avatar and features. Just like any other interactive game, you can also be challenged with this application by competing with your friends who use the application. It is the best software to use if you want to gamify your productivity.
- To-do lists and checklists management
- Habit building and tracking functionality
- Earn rewards and increase levels
- Customisable task list
- Challenges to compete with other people and common interest groups
- Available on mobile and website
- Subscriptions: $4.99 per month
Standard Notes app lets you write anything and keep it private. This app can sync your notes with encryption to all your devices and makes sure they are safe as they are protected against loss, manipulation, or leakage of data.
- Two-factor authentication for security
- Encryption for privacy
- View history until 100 years
- Unlimited data
- Automated backups of data to Email, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive
- Automatic sync
- Access to powerful extensions, editors, and themes
- Used on Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android, and Linux
- Available online and offline
- Extended plan: $4.17 per month
Evernote is an application wherein you can save a variety of ideas any time and in any place. The application will help you accomplish tasks by setting reminders and by organizing your files.
- Save links, files, photos, notes, web clips, travel documents, etc.
- Annotation to give comments
- Email notifications to remind you of your tasks
- Search option to help in finding your files
- Audio recording
- Shapes, arrows and quick sketches, which can be edited and synced with any device
- Share notes and files for collaboration
- Bookmark web pages
- Geo-location to know where you did an activity
- Available in multiple devices (web or mobile)
- Basic: Free
- Premium: $7.99 per month
- Business: $14.99 per month
MindMeister is a great tool if you want to visualise your ideas through a mind map. This allows you to brainstorm easily, either alone or with a team. The mind map is easily shared to help with collaboration. Each member of the team can easily give comments and update each other.
- Built-in presentations and mind map templates
- Customised themes
- Mind map shareable links
- Due dates and priorities
- Assign tasks
- Attach files
- History mode to retrieve older ideas
- Meeting management for collaboration
- Integration with MeisterTask for managing projects
- Basic: Free
- Personal: $4.99 per month
- Pro: $8.25 per month
- Business: $12.49 per month
If you want to have better time management in doing your tasks, Toggl can help. In this app, you can time your tasks and you can see reports about your activity. This will let you evaluate and make better decisions.
- A task timer. You just simply need to press “start” and “stop”
- Timesheet to help you manage your time
- Reports to measure performance
- A browser extension for tracking time in multiple tools
- Insights directly sent to your email
- Edit multiple products at once
- Timer to perform the Pomodoro method
- Weekly summary of performance
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) file imports
- Integrations for Chrome, Mozilla, Android, iPhone, and desktop
- Available online and offline
- Starter: $9 per month
- Premium: $18 per month
- Enterprise: custom pricing
If you have a bad habit of being easily distracted and wasting your time, this application will rescue you. This application helps you monitor your time, be alert, and block distractions, to avoid your unproductive activities. Your goals can then be reached easily.
- Time tracker
- Detailed reports of your time spent on applications and websites
- A weekly email report summarising your activities
- A goals report to view progress against goals set
- Customisable categories for grouping activities with built-in productivity scores
- Block access to distracting sites
- Alerts and notifications about your accomplishments
- Highlight the activities accomplished
- Available on Windows, Linux, Android, mobile Apple devices and macOS
- Offline time logging
- Premium: $4.50 per month
With Clockify, you or your workmates can track your day in real-time, add it manually or in a timesheet. Your activity on the application will produce a report so that you can analyse it for better decision-making. In this way, you can improve your time management skills and make sure your goals are met efficiently.
- A timer to track time while you work, which is put in a timesheet
- Reports in PDF, CSV, or Excel, to analyse your time
- A dashboard to track your team’s progress
- Label, categorise and customise fields
- Project tracker to track progress with estimates
- Project templates
- Pomodoro timer
- Integrations with over 50 of the most popular project management and productivity tools
- Available for Windows, Mac Productivity Apps, Linux, iOS, Android
- Browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox
- Plus: $9.99 per month
- Premium: $29.99 per month
- Enterprise: $9.99 per month
Trello is a modernised version of the Kanban board, and you are free to customise it your way. If you want to follow the Kanban method, then it’s best to choose Trello. This tool is easy to use when you have a lot of tasks to do and want to see its workflow. It's a great way to have an overview of your team’s progress and track team performance.
- Cloud-based digital Kanban boards
- Connected cards that are easy to drag, and can be tagged, labeled and categorised
- Tasks and checklists to manage them
- Notifications and reminders for emails
- Comments and file attachments
- Public and private access to boards
- Power-ups to provide third party integration to applications
- Email integration to create cards and comments
- A free and public developer API
- Syncs all information across devices (desktops, tablets, or mobile devices)
- Business: $9.99 per month
- Enterprise: $20.83 per month
If you need an app that really does (almost) everything, then Notion is perfect for you. Notion has everything you need in your workspace, such as a calendar, a note-taker, habit trackers, to-do lists and databases. This tool is incredibly customisable, very flexible and manageable.
- Multiple views for database, as a table, board, calendar, or filtered by properties
- Notes and documents for writing content
- Plan and track tasks and projects
- Integrates with over 50 apps, such as Typeform, Twitter, GitHub Gist, and others.
- Works with browsers, as a desktop app, and on mobile devices with native apps.
- Personal Pro: $4 per month
- Team: $8 per month
- Enterprise: $20 per month
Now that you have knowledge about the 10 best software to increase productivity, the only thing left to do is to use them correctly and consistently. Using the right tools for time management, project management, collaboration, note-taking, and many more will help you improve your productivity. With these tools, you're able to manage your task management wherever you are, on mobile or computer.
At Zetl, our colleagues and clients get their work done through the use of tools that are best suited to our business, such as Notion and Trello. Zetl helps services businesses manage their monthly operating expenses by providing growth, payroll, and working capital financing.
Want to know more? Get in touch with one of our representatives on email or whatsapp.
Whatsapp: 5107 4764